This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Twitter’s Site Integrity team works on the cutting edge of issues that affect the internet today — from combating spam and computational propaganda, to building new tools to keep the world informed during major events. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. As part of Twitter’s Trust & Safety department, we’re committed to being a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a Senior Investigator to help us understand and counter emerging threats, state-backed platform manipulation, and persistent actors seeking to target our users. The candidate will surface investigative leads, develop analyses, and make recommendations on technical and policy solutions to remediate these threats with the goal of deepening our understanding of the actors involved and making Twitter safe for our users.
- Support investigative and enforcement efforts across a wide range of critical issues:
- Provide analysis on threats facing our users and our platform, as well as propose creative solutions using data.
- Identify, propose, and implement investigative tradecraft improvements to advance the practice of the Threat Disruption team and broader Site Integrity org.
- Handle incoming queries on our handling of high-profile issues with clear, helpful, and complete responses and feedback.
- Work with counterparts on Policy and Threat Intelligence teams to validate leads, implement processes and systems, structure information flows, and enable an effective org response to new and recurring threats.
- Perform end-to-end quantitative analysis projects, communicate results and turn analyses into tools, predictive models, and systems to assist in better identifying and mitigating attacks.
- Help inform strategy by engaging in the broader community of investigators and staying up to date with the latest developments.
- An investigator comfortable using diverse skills, techniques, and technologies to enable data-informed decision-making.
- Knowledgeable about geopolitical, disinformation, and cybersecurity trends, and can communicate your expertise clearly to drive partner decisions and policy development.
- Passionate about combating threats to the health of online conversations and taking on high-impact problems at scale with global exposure.
- A great teammate and invite collaboration in your work.
- Able to interpret information from different sources, and work with data sets and visualisation tools.
- Comfortable working with multinational teams, and open to international travel.
- 9+ years experience as an analyst or investigator working on relevant issues (security & user safety investigations, anti-spam, counter-fraud, or counter-terrorism) that inform policy development and/or strategic decision making.
- University degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Background with malicious actor behavior to identify and attribute manipulation or abuse.
- Experience with open-source (OSINT) research and analysis techniques and data visualization tools.
- Experience using SQL and relational databases.
- Ability to use Python, R, or another scripting language to facilitate analysis at scale.
- Experience at a technology company.
- Fluency in an APAC language(s).
- Regional- or country-level familiarity with security, safety, and tech policy issues in East Asia, Southeast Asia, and/or South Asia.
Note: this role involves potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography, and other graphic images.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.