This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 4, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Pinterest is looking for an experienced and motivated Governance and Compliance Program Management Lead to build our compliance program management capability and steer the overall technical compliance trajectory at Pinterest. This individual will be responsible for working cross functionally with legal and engineering stakeholders to efficiently meet Pinterest’s compliance objectives and set us up for success for the long term. They will also invest in and grow their team to bring in new capabilities as compliance objectives expand.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and own relationships with key partners across the company as their strategic governance & compliance engineering partner – fostering ideation and driving execution to satisfy legal, business, and regulatory requirements via straightforward and transparent engagement models.
- Build, grow and lead a team of compliance program managers who possess the knowledge and technical capability to drive impactful cross-functional programs including, but not limited to: Privacy (European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Sarbanes Oxley, Brand Safety, Security and Payment compliance, Security Exchange Commission rules regarding material non-public information (“SEC”); marketing standards set by the Media Ratings Council (“MRC”); laws limiting the users and content on the Pinterest product platform; contractual obligations to third parties, including customers; and internal policies regarding metrics certification and customer data.
- Define compliance programs as new needs emerge and make sure that the compliance program management team is focused on the most important Pinterest risk-based objectives.
- Serve as the face of compliance to engineering, creating new engineering compliance frameworks when required and timely updates to engineering organization.
- Find medium to long term opportunities to drive efficiencies across compliance programs to meet compliance requirements while also streamlining engineering efforts and cost.
- Advocate for product and architectural changes. Guide the implementation of products and systems related to governance and compliance.
- Responsible for setting the governance & compliance vision, strategy and roadmap development and ensuring implementation across the organization.
- Participate in shaping emerging industry compliance standards, making sure Pinterest is on the forefront of emerging standards and building our compliance brand.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience (10+ years in a technical or analytical role) preferably with some years of consulting experience with publicly traded companies.
- 5+ years experience in a technology people management role (engineering manager, product manager, program manager or technical consulting engagement manager)
- Strong technical breadth and judgment – ability to quickly ramp up and go deep on a range of technologies, ability to identify technical risks and tradeoffs.
- Comfort with a fast-changing, data-informed environment and ability to manage ambiguity with focus on execution and delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally to identify opportunities and deliver solutions.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, organizational awareness, and ability to persuade others to accomplish program objectives while holding yourself and your team to a high standard of accountability.
- As a role that grows careers of Technical Program Managers, experience as a TPM is highly desirable.