This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 30, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Role
The Roku Global Safety + Security (GSS) team is scaling its 24/7 risk monitoring, mitigation, and response capabilities and needs an experienced intelligence analyst to help grow a world-class threat and risk intelligence analysis program.
Under the supervision of Director, Global Threat and Risk Intelligence (to be hired), the role will use information from vetted third parties, open-source material, and social media to identify, research, investigate, and assess potential threats to Roku’s employees, operations, facilities, events, and brand globally. This position is situated on the People team and focuses on physical security and safety-related risks, such as international travel, brand attacks, pandemic, civil unrest, terrorism, and crime.
The role will work with cross-functional teams, such as Legal, Brand, and Learning & Development, while engaging and benchmarking extensively with intelligence and security professionals across the industry. Additionally, the role will oversee the productivity of Roku’s contracted and embedded GSOC intelligence analysis team, produce reports, metrics, and conduct trainings as requested.
The person selected will be an important tactical analytical team member as part of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC); therefore, we’re seeking an early- to mid-career risk professional who excels in people, vendor, and technology management, who writes and presents data at a high level, and who will thrive in exciting, technology-driven environments.
Successful candidates must be willing to learn Roku’s current risk exposure, aptly envision and plan for the risks ahead, be able to contribute to a program that provides value to the business, execute on GSS’ strategic vision and be willing to adapt to the ever-changing threat landscape and the evolving needs of the organization.
For California Only – The estimated annual salary for this position is between $175,000 and $195,000 annually.
Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, certifications, and specific geographical location. This role is eligible for health insurance, equity awards, life insurance, disability benefits, parental leave, wellness benefits, and paid time off.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a contracted Risk Analysis team
- Participate effectively in crisis management activations and contribute to business continuity initiatives
- Leveraging GSS vendors and government partners to collaborate with Trust Engineering (Roku’s information security team) to provide monitoring, response, analytical, and investigative support
- Help build and participate in Roku’s Gatekeeper Safety and Security training
- Provide detailed training and upskilling to existing team
- Continuously evaluate existing and/or create new SOPs for threat analysis and daily reporting, advisories, informational reports, or security awareness bulletins as directed; provide reports or briefings on strategic or specific security issues for senior management
- Monitor government and private sector intelligence sources; provide appropriate analysis and recommendations
- Work with team to identify, monitor, research, analyze and provide warnings regarding emerging threats and trends worldwide that may impact Roku’s security planning and potentially impact the stability of its operations; provide rapid assessments of “breaking” security situations as needed
- Establish internal liaisons both at Roku headquarters and operational locations who can help foster timely and efficient exchange of risk-related information
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with intelligence and law enforcement agencies and industry-related counterparts involved in the collection, evaluation, and distribution of security information
- Identify negative trends evident through the analysis of security incidents and suspicious activity logs and advise management of suggested responses; manage a POI/GOI Threat database to track trends and proactively mitigate avoidable risk
- Identify and develop resources for travel-related threat information on a global basis, including internet, databases, public records, media, law enforcement, government sources, contracted services and other related resources; determine local threat environment for travel to higher-threat countries
- Provide briefings on pertinent safety and security measures and precautions for Roku expats and business travelers
- Create and contribute to clear governance/playbooks and escalation procedures and pressure-test for compliance
- Value metrics and analytics. Develop a metrics dashboard that articulates appropriate return-on-investment.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes
- Remain up to date on emerging security trends that may impact the company
We are a scrappy team. Mindful of this, you may be asked to do important tasks outside the scope of this job description. Successful candidates are comfortable wearing numerous hats and taking on new challenges.
We’re excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Team management and leadership capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effective writer/speaker with experience distilling communications based on the target audience.
- Understanding of all aspects of threat and risk lifecycle management
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience completing multiple tasks simultaneously and function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally with members at all levels of an organization
- Security briefing experience
- Ability to occasionally work evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Master’s degree in security, intelligence, policy, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Global work experience and expertise
- Previous work in a startup environment
- Professional network development (established professional network within security and risk intelligence)