This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 4, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Spotify’s Algorithmic Responsibility effort focuses on empowering Spotify teams to assess the algorithmic impact of their products on audio culture, avoid algorithmic harms and unintended side effects, and better serve worldwide creators and their audiences. As a Senior Data Scientist on our team, you will help to define, research, and communicate how we assess our impact as a platform and our recommendations across podcasts, music, and user-generated content.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years proven professional experience in applied research and statistical analysis.
- You are passionate about working with product teams and Trust & Safety leaders to promote equitable algorithmic outcomes.
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills, experience with analytics and visualization tools/libraries (Python, SQL, Tableau, ggplot/matplotlib or equivalent), and experience performing analysis with large datasets.
- You bring experience in experimentation methodologies and statistics, and have basic knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
- You like to learn, and deeply appreciate the need for interdisciplinary collaboration, and the combination of quantitative and qualitative methods
- You have the ability to tackle loosely defined problems, and distill the results of complex methods into simple, impactful recommendations for diverse audiences
- You are a communicative person who values building positive relationships with co-workers and partner teams, and enjoys mentoring and teaching others.
What you’ll do
- Develop research questions, design studies and experiments, and conduct data analysis to provide insights on Trust & Safety topics.
- Develop metrics to help assess algorithmic amplification, support content moderation evaluations, and complement qualitative insights in measuring the effectiveness of interventions.
- Work with other data and social scientists, researchers, product teams and policy managers across business units.
- Build an understanding of data gaps and advocate for new data-informed strategies and implementations to fuel our algorithmic responsibility goals.
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact, and help mentor peers and emerging colleagues.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.