This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in data analysis, working with databases, querying (e.g., SQL), statistical analysis, machine learning, and/or abuse investigations.
- Experience problem-solving, managing client/stakeholder issues, and/or designing solutions to challenges.
- Experience communicating between technical and non-technical teams.
- Master’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with internet advertising, e-commerce, client servicing, and/or fraud risk management and investigations.
- Experience in Internet-based risk, abuse, data protection, or security.
- Knowledge of how the internet works, search engines, web industry and technologies, and/or practical experiences in qualitative or quantitative analysis.
- Ability to present clear solutions with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent project management, process optimization, communication, and influencing skills.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As part of the Trust and Safety Ads User Feedback Team, you will work on collecting, analyzing and structuring user feedback data to help improve classifiers, policies, enforcement, and sales. The Trust and Safety Ads User Feedback team is a one-stop shop for data collection, storage, and analysis for the feedback given by Ads users.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Conduct investigations to catch fraudsters, enforce our product policies, learn spam patterns/ trends and identify product vulnerabilities (may be occasionally exposed to some adult content and other somewhat disturbing content during the process).
- Conduct complex queries and analyses, build ML models, and construct presentations on abuse trends to aid in fraud prevention and influence change in existing abuse detection systems.
- Drive and deliver user insights to global teams through analysis of user data, trends, and user reports, and partner with global teams to solve top abuse and fraud issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to drive projects that provide a better online experience for customers using Google Ads, increase automation, and improve policies.
- Partner with business and support teams to identify and investigate advertiser concerns and develop solutions for enabling effective and efficient resolution.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.