This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on July 3, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in program management and analysis
- Experience managing content policy or anti-abuse operations
- Ability to support non-standard and on-call rotation hours (including weekends), and review graphic, controversial, and upsetting content
- Experience in driving large, cross-functional projects
- Knowledge of social media sensitivity and safety risk
- Ability to influence and drive consensus with cross-functional stakeholders
- Team-player and analytical thinker, with ability to frame solutions using data, create processes, and drive sustained business change
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Senior Crisis Response Manager on YouTube’s Trust and Safety team, you will be responsible for managing complex and evolving incidents. In this role, you will provide sensitive escalation management and work closely with executive stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment in applying policy principles and addressing brand risk.
You will be working cross-functionally across global teams from Policy, Enforcement, Product and other teams to operationalize, enforce, and communicate policies that keep users safe and minimize brand risk to the platform. You’ll be required to think through the unique challenges of a broad array of policy areas from Child Safety to Hate Speech and Misinformation, while proactively developing strategies and solutions that are consistent and resilient.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Serve as an incident leader for sensitive escalations, managing escalations from intake to execution to root cause resolution. Create and lead incident management and mitigation strategies using data-driven analysis and insights.
- Develop policy and systems expertise, and exercise business judgment to manage sensitive and complex escalations.
- Partner with local leadership to effectively communicate issues and drive resolution.
- Engage with policy verticals and cross-functional stakeholders to drive large-scale changes based on key learnings from incident management.
- Review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit www.google.com.