This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 17, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok Legal is looking for a talented Senior Corporate Counsel to advise our Trust and Safety team on product and operational issues. In this role, you will be responsible for advising on the launch of new customer products and services, negotiating strategic transactions, identifying and mitigating critical legal and reputational risks, managing pre-litigation and investigation matters, and engaging with regulators and determining appropriate compliance controls. You will be a key partner to Trust & Safety leadership and lead development of strategies to address legal issues in creative, business-centric ways. You will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly. The successful candidate will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy continuous challenges and a fast pace, and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations. The candidate should also be an inclusive team member, skilled at sharing knowledge and helping to mentor and develop other legal counsel and professionals. Responsibilities: – Serve as a key advisor to the Trust & Safety team on product and operational matters; – Work with legal and product teams globally to review products, features, new applications and initiatives to provide legal risk mitigation strategies to ensure legal compliance for products from a US legal perspective with a focus on user trust, security, and data privacy issues; and – Coordinate with product, product operations, public policy, communications, security and other cross-functional colleagues on external communication, policy development, enforcement decisions and referrals to law enforcement.
-Bachelor’s degree plus Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school
– Member in good standing of the California, Washington or New York bar – 15+ years of legal experience as a licensed attorney, including experience in a product counseling, product regulatory or technology-focused practice
– Strong analytical, communication, and client interaction skills.
– Expertise in privacy, machine learning, intellectual property, and other legal domains germane to counseling the Trust & Safety organization in the development of a complex and regulated social media and entertainment platform.
– Exceptional initiative and proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a hyper fast-paced environment.
– Ability to work independently while contributing successfully to cross-functional teams.
– Experience working with international teams in non-US markets in a cross-functional environment
– Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
– Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.