This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 9, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
As a Senior Content Policy Analyst on TikTok’s US Trust & Safety team, you will work to ensure that TikTok fosters a safe, authentic, diverse and inclusive community. In this role, you will lead our efforts in the US to combat suicide, self-harm and dangerous acts (SSHDA) among our users. This will require developing systems for tracking and anticipating user behavior across the platform’s features, crafting effective policies to remove harmful content, and identifying ways to get users the support and resources they may need. You will work closely with a variety of internal partners including features policy specialists, Legal, Threat Intelligence, Communications, Operations, and Product to ensure that TikTok is able to detect, triage, and prevent safety incidents from proliferating on our platform. This position will be full-time. It can be based in any of our US offices but preference will be given to candidates based in Los Angeles, New York City or Washington DC.
– Drive the overall strategic planning and effective execution of SSHDA policy for the US
– Cultivate a strong team of issue experts
– Work closely with cross-functional partners and external experts to understand emerging dangerous trends on social media and to anticipate new ways of discussing or encouraging harmful behavior such as suicide, disordered eating and extreme weight loss, unhealthy beauty standards and dangerous challenges
– Support the development, launch, and training of effective content policies and guidance
– Continuously conduct research into best practices to combat SSHDA on new media platforms and analyze existing policies and procedures to identify policy gaps or inconsistencies
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish goals and determine milestones for continuously improving platform safety
– Provide trainings to internal stakeholders on the role of the trust and safety team and our efforts to combat SSHDA on TikTok
– Minimum BA/BS degree
– 5+ years combined work experience and/or advanced education focused on suicide and self-harm prevention, anxiety and depression, disordered eating, body image and social media, or other relevant fields. Past experience working on policy in Trust and Safety is a plus.
– Experience building and overseeing effective and empowered teams in a rapidly evolving environment
– Demonstrated systematic thought process regarding policy in an applied setting, including the ability to exercise good judgment and presence of mind in high-pressure, ambiguous situations
– Experience handling sensitive information while effectively cultivating and managing external partners (i.e., vendor operations, issue experts)
– Strong attention to detail — highly self-driven and results oriented
– Bilingual in English and at least one other language (e.g., Spanish)
– Proven ability to develop effective research methodologies and collect, synthesize, analyze, and interpret data
– Experience working with a global team
– Advanced proficiency in Excel
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.