This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 30, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
As a Senior Content Policy Analyst focused on Minor Safety TikTok’s US Trust & Safety team, you will work to balance user behavior, growth, and external pressure through systems and policies to ensure our platform’s health. You will be working with a variety of stakeholders across the globe, including Policy, Comms, Operations, Strategy & Analytics, Quality, and Legal to ensure that TikTok is able to detect, triage, and prevent safety incidents from proliferating on our platform. This role will require creative solutions, especially with moderation, quality, and vendor operations; as well as a deep understanding of the risks that Minor Safety carries on social media platforms today and possible ways it can be exploited in the future on the platform. Your interest and professional expertise are grounded in experience in the industry, extra-curricular and academic interests related to internet policy, user behavior, or platform management. This position will be full-time and will be based in our Los Angeles, CA location.
– Develop, launch, and train policies that are customized to promote the safety of minors on our platform- managing our US standards across TikTok’s brand and safety moderation teams
– Lead the localization of global Minor Safety policies — ensure the implementation of our policy playbooks are adjusted based on user impact, robust data, and country needs
– Analyze existing policies and procedures to identify gaps, inconsistencies, or conflicts
– Stay up to date with recent exploitative Minor Safety trends in the US and new tactics, techniques, and patterns from abusive parties
– Execute research and policy development projects. Responsibilities would include research, work planning, data collection & analysis
– Proactively identify and evaluate emerging Minor Safety policy risks to our platform and drive solutions to help mitigate them
– Work cross-functionally with global policy and operations to set goals and milestones related to product policy
– Assist team lead in providing comprehensive and ongoing training designed to inform the moderators about policy, procedures changes, recent trends, and updates
– Minimum BA/BS degree
– 5+ years of work experience in Trust & Safety, content policy, or brand safety roles or another relevant field with a focus on Minor Safety.
– Demonstrated systematic thought process regarding policy and thorough operational experience
– Background in operational excellence with a proven ability to structure policy and process-oriented milestones
– Ability to work with multiple external partners (i.e., vendor operations) to ensure our policy and procedure expectations are met
– Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, identify trade-offs, and make decisions in high-pressure situations
– Deep knowledge in how policy develops in new media, technology, entertainment, or related fields
– Strong attention to detail — highly self-driven and results oriented
– Understanding of data access tools, including but not limited to SQL
– Experience analyzing and creating policy around possibly sensitive material
– Experience working with international partners at different time zones.
– Bilingual in English and at least one other language
– Proven ability to develop sound research methodologies and collect, synthesize, analyze, and interpret data
– Experience managing complex research projects
– Experience working in a start-up, or forming new teams in established companies
– Experience providing a 24/7 support for the internal stakeholders and global team(s)
– Advanced proficiency in Excel
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.