This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
About the Team
As a Senior Content Policy Analyst for Integrity and Authenticity on TikTok’s US Trust & Safety team, you will work to ensure that TikTok fosters a safe, authentic, diverse and inclusive community. This will require developing systems and policies to track and anticipate trends in user behavior while balancing the continued growth of the platform and external stakeholders. In this role, you will lead our efforts in the US to combat mis- and disinformation, ensure authenticity of content and accounts, and safeguard against interference in US elections. You will work closely with a variety of internal partners including Threat Intel, Communications, Operations, Product, and Legal to ensure that TikTok is able to detect, triage, and prevent safety incidents from proliferating on our platform. This role will require creative solutions as well as a deep understanding of the product and ways it can be abused. Your interest and professional expertise are grounded in experience in the industry, extra-curricular and academic interests related to internet policy, user behavior, or platform management. This position will be full-time. It can be based in any of our offices but preference will be given to candidates based in Los Angeles or New York City.
– Develop, launch, and train policies that are customized for our product offerings — managing our US standards across TikTok’s brand and safety moderation teams
– Lead the localization of global policy of our Integrity and Authenticity vertical and ensure the implementation of our policy playbooks are adjusted based on user impact, robust data, and country needs
– Analyze existing policies and procedures to identify gaps, inconsistencies, or conflicts
– Stay up to date with recent trends in the US and new tactics, techniques, and patterns from abusive parties
– Execute research and policy development projects. Responsibilities would include research, work planning, data collection & analysis
– Proactively identify and evaluate emerging content policy risks to our platform and drive solutions to help mitigate them
– Work cross-functionally with global policy and operations to set goals and milestones related to product policy
– Assist team lead in providing comprehensive and ongoing training designed to inform the moderators about policy, procedures changes, recent trends, and updates
– Minimum BA/BS degree
– 5+ years combined work experience and/or advanced education focused on defining and identifying mis- and disinformation in new media, technology, entertainment or related fields. Past experience working on policy in Trust and Safety a plus.
– Demonstrated systematic thought process regarding policy in an applied setting
– Background in operational excellence with a proven ability to structure policy and process-oriented milestones
– Experience handling sensitive information while effectively cultivating and managing external partners (i.e., vendor operations, issue experts)
– Experience in soliciting feedback and identifying experts in the field to contribute to a deep understanding of the team.
– Ability to develop and lead a team in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
– Strong attention to detail — highly self-driven and results oriented
– Understanding of data access tools, including but not limited to SQL
– Experience working with international partners at different time zones.
– Bilingual in English and at least one other language (e.g., Spanish)
– Proven ability to develop sound research methodologies and collect, synthesize, analyze, and interpret data
– Experience managing complex research projects
– Experience working in a start-up, or forming new teams in established companies
– Experience providing a 24/7 support for the internal stakeholders and global team(s)
– Advanced proficiency in Excel
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.