This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 30, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for sellers and buyers, and that of millions of daily transactions.
The scope of this role covers Business Seller Credit Risk Management, Risk Insights and developing Risk Policy and Controls for eBay seller products and threats. We are part of the Global Seller Risk Management team.
- Outgoing, independent, and ambitious
- An excellent communicator, with strong presentation skills
- Open, clear, and direct in your communications with outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Data driven, curious and eager to learn
- Develop meaningful insights that improve risk controls based on large incidents, near misses, product and portfolio analysis.
- Help develop and implement risk policy frameworks to manage credit risk, products and portfolio threats, access policies, limits and funds availability and more
- Monitor the performance of risk strategies and proactively seek out opportunities for improvement in policy, operations and outputs
- Partner with risk horizontal teams to deliver scalable global risk management policies through the seller lifecycle.
- Build relationships with partners in the regional businesses, product owners, engineering, incident management and risk operations organizations to set shared goals, influence the prioritization and facilitate the implementation of important risk strategies.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills are crucial. Prior experience in SQL, using large datasets is a must have
- Experience with Hadoop, machine learning frameworks and models is a plus
- 3+ years of experience with data extraction, dashboarding, monitoring and reporting using analytical tools (SQL, Tableau, Excel) that will be evaluated by a technical interview panel
- Understanding of ecommerce/digital risk management in at least one area: credit risk, fraud strategies
- Ability to define a problem out of ambiguity and reconcile conflicting goals across multiple functions
- Experience in account level and portfolio level risk strategy development will be great to have. You are willing to become familiar with industry benchmarks, technologies and standard methodologies.
- Communicate ideas succinctly and accurately; tailor your communication to a broad range of audiences; active listening and good presentation skills.
- MS in Statistics, econometrics, or other technical and data oriented subject area
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ebayinc.com.