This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 11, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The i3 team is dedicated to protecting the users of the Facebook family of applications (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus) from human trafficking and exploitation, crimes against children, and dangerous organizations and individuals. We are a mission driven team with a passion for protecting people. We analyze current trends in user safety, investigate cases, and develop solutions to mitigate future risk.
The team is looking for an intern with a passion for investigation and analysis, cybercrime, and problem solving. The intern will understand how harmful activities and threats (in areas like child safety) manifest, investigate threats, advance investigative methods and use innovative research approaches to protect vulnerable people from threatening and harmful activity. You will have the opportunity to work on the most challenging, complicated, and high-visibility security risks the company is facing.
Security Engineer Investigator Intern, Child Safety Responsibilities
- Support investigations into Facebook and Instagram accounts to identify sources of abusive behavior
- Summarize and present information from investigations and reports to internal teams
- Help to build and chart networks to stop abuse
- Gather, synthesize, and analyze relevant data at scale
- Unlock new ways for investigators to discover badness and drive new insights through new investigation techniques, improving tools, and building visualizations
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant fields
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and Bash
- Interest in online investigations and cybersecurity
- Experience with analytical tools, internet based research tools, and relational databases
- Interest in performing complex link analysis based on technical artifacts, and conducting thorough online investigations
- Interest in online investigations about users safety and understand how harmful activities and threats (in areas like child safety) manifest online
- Passionate about the subject of criminology on the Internet
- Must be comfortable with graphic materials and/or triggering topics, as you may be exposed to this type of content
- Ability and inclination to protect highly confidential information and users’ privacy net
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Familiarity with PHP/Hack and Haskell
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
To apply for this job please visit www.facebookcareers.com.