This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, a related quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in static and dynamic analysis of malicious binaries.
- Experience working in a security or privacy team on data protection and user trust, fraud risk management and investigations, internet advertising, or e-commerce.
- Experience in handling multiple datasets using programming languages (e.g., SQL and Python).
- Ability to understand how the internet works economically, socially, and technically, with knowledge of the desktop and mobile apps ecosystem.
- Ability to identify review workflow pain points and implement solutions to optimize or scale processes.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Conduct investigations, enforce our product policies, and learn abuse patterns.
- Reverse engineer potentially harmful extensions to understand their operations and impact on the Chrome ecosystem.
- Design solutions that enable automatic identification of malware, spam, and other harmful extensions.
- Create technical documentation and training materials on investigations.
Identify security vulnerabilities in automated and manual review pipelines. Enhance operational workflows via process improvements and identifying automation opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.