This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 4, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Etsy is seeking a Sanction Investigations Manager who will be part of our Sanctions Escalation team, with the chance to define, and impact on Etsy’s approach to regulatory compliance. This individual will be our first point of escalation for potential sanction match and reviews. The Sanctions Escalation team is charged with ensuring that Etsy Inc. is in compliance with global economic sanctions. We conduct in-depth investigations, handle time-sensitive communications and collaborate with key partners including Legal, Compliance, Payments and our support teams to help ensure that Etsy appropriately handles the potential risk of unauthorized goods and financial activity in the marketplace.
Do you excel in balanced decision making and clear communication, even in high-risk situations? Do you bring experience developing a team with a passion for collaborative leadership? If so, this could be a great fit!
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Financial Crime Operations and the base salary range will be 104,000. 134,000 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and vaccination policy here.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Lead all aspects of the Sanctions Escalations Team, responsible for review of all sanctions-related hits/flags, as well as the handling of all sanctions related issues.
- Ensure that cases handled by your team are opened and actioned within the required timeframe
- Act as a first point of escalation for potential sanctions match reviews and actions.
- Conduct investigations of all true sanctions related matches (watchlist hits, sellers located in comprehensively sanctioned locations, confirmed processed transactions which involved sanctioned goods) to ensure the Sanctions Program Manager, Legal, and Compliance have been made aware and can opine on any/all remediation plans.
- Ensure appropriate remediation and historical review for any sellers confirmed to be a sanctioned party or to have completed a transaction involving goods that violated sanctions regulations.
- Supervise all sanctions related investigations from payment partners
- Collaborate with Etsy business partners to ensure all sanctions related issues are raised to the SV&FC team for review and action.
- Develop and implement continuous improvements to team workflows in response to feedback from key partners and organizational changes.
- Conduct annual reviews
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience, in conducting research and investigations related to Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications and OFAC Compliance/Investigations reviews
- You are familiar with a marketplace business model and e-commerce fraud typologies
- A minimum of 1-2 years of previous experience leading a team
- Passion for developing others and bringing out the best in your team
- Experience conducting sophisticated investigations and analysis (CDD/EDD, PEP/SAN, etc.)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering / sanctions compliance principles under BSA, Patriot Act, OFAC
- Knowledge of local regulatory KYC/AML requirements
- You proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and tools in service of better outcomes
- You possess well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- You have a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-help attitude
- A trust in and dedication to Etsy’s vision, mission and values