Website goguardian GoGuardian
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What We Do
At GoGuardian, we’re helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It’s Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity…to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In’s 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
From developing support resources to tracking and escalating issues, we’re looking for a utility team member who is passionate about helping our customers & their community and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and help out wherever needed. As a SSS, you will handle incoming Beacon active planning alerts and escalate to school officials in the protection of students’ mental health and safety.
What You’ll Do:
- Review Beacon alerts and escalate via phone calls to school administrators (e.g., school counselors) to take appropriate action
- Identify and escalate new issues and trends, including sensitive problems, and help contribute to solution building
- Contribute to training, enablement, implementation, and support resources, including knowledge base articles and canned responses
- Actively participate in SSS team-building projects
- Supporting overall Technical Support tickets as business needs arise.
Who You Are
- Reliable and trustworthy team player that is organized, committed, and able to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- 1+ year in a Support role. white glove Customer Service role, or other intimate Customer-Facing Roles required (prior work in Trust & Safety, Online Content Moderation, school-based roles like Teacher, Administrator, Counselor, Therapist, or Social Worker highly preferred)
- Experience working with K-12 students in an organized setting required
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocols and policies across typical and “edge case” scenarios, while also being able to think quickly and handle potentially challenging cases as professionally as possible
- High level of emotional intelligence and calm / poise while dealing with sensitive information and potentially high-stress situations
- Experience working with Zendesk
- Experience answering support tickets and phone calls
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills. College degree preferred.
- Additional plus: non-English language proficiency