This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 11, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Bumble is looking for a highly motivated Safety Support Specialist to join the quickly growing Member Safety team. This role will be responsible for making decisions on complex and sensitive safety-related customer service and moderation cases, including determining whether content should be removed or allowed to remain on the platform in line with our investigative framework, platform policies and moderation standards across all our platforms (Bumble, Badoo and Fruitz). The Safety Support Specialist will play a critical role in enhancing our customer service.
Safety is embedded in Bumble Inc.’s mission of creating a world where all relationships are healthy and equitable. Member Safety is the centralized and dedicated team focused on:
- Preventing safety incidents and harmful content
- Providing a trauma-informed, empathetic response to members
- Developing policies and standards that govern and adjudicate responsible, safe, inclusive, and respectful behaviour and content across all Bumble Inc. platforms
This role will be based in the United States, reporting to the Senior Safety Operations Manager.
- Make decisions on complex and sensitive safety-related customer service and moderation cases, including determining whether content should be removed or allowed to remain on the platform in line with our investigative framework, platform policies and moderation standards, and deciding whether cases should be escalated to our critical operations teams.
- Investigate and resolve reported safety escalations across multiple customer service channels in a timely and effective manner.
- Handle traumatic, sensitive and potentially offensive content with empathy and professionalism, while prioritizing safety and well-being of our members.
- Respond to high-pressure escalations and grey areas, working with cross-functional teams as needed to resolve issues quickly while putting our members first.
- Contribute to the development and documentation of operational guidelines and policies, key workflow changes, and Community Guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to help improve efficiency and provide coaching and guidance to internal teams’ on trust and safety issues, as the representative of our members.
- Compile documentation regarding issue resolution to inform escalation decision-making, and policy development.
- Support cross-functional efforts to minimize risks to the business and brand reputation by achieving individual targets and established SLAs.
- Assist with safety operations and cross-functional projects.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated 3+ years of experience in content moderation or similar functions in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment.
- English language fluency is a must — including flawless spelling and grammar. Major bonus points if you’re fluent in an additional language–particularly Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese.
- Experience in investigations, internet safety, or equivalent environment (Trust and Safety sector).
- Experience in the third sector (e.g. answering phones or online chat support for suicide prevention or domestic/sexual violence hotline). (Bonus)
- You are detail-oriented; accuracy is critical, with the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, remote work environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our global teams.
- Excellent decision-making skills, with the ability to balance the needs of the company with the needs of its members.
- You are positive and committed with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a flexible approach.
- You’re passionate about safeguarding our community with empathy and compassion.
- You have strong conflict management skills and are able to prioritize a high volume of cases based on urgency and importance.
- You embrace a sprint-based approach, where no other week is the same.
- You embody Bumble’s mission and core values.
To apply for this job please visit bumble.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.