This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Privacy teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
Protecting Dropbox and our users is essential to being worthy of trust. As an analyst on the Safety Legal Team, you will play a crucial role in protecting user privacy and keeping Dropbox and its users safe from harmful content. Our Safety team is responsible for responding to a wide variety of legal requests for the disclosure of user data and enforcing our Acceptable Use Policy. In this role, you’ll work closely with other Dropboxers, including legal, policy, and engineering, on sensitive and interesting projects and help our team build policies and procedures. If you’re passionate about the intersection of law, policy, and technology and love a team-focused and fast-moving environment – where you’ll have the opportunity to create real, substantive results – this is the place for you.
- Work closely with other members of the legal team to scrutinize and respond to law enforcement data requests while upholding Dropbox’s strong commitment to user privacy and Government Request Principles
- Become an expert in Dropbox’s Acceptable Use Policy, and implement it across our platform to mitigate abuse.
- Help update and publish our biannual Transparency Report
- Stay current on policy issues and developments of importance in responding to law enforcement requests and content moderation
- Collaborate closely with our legal and technical support partners.
- Review, innovate, and implement policies that cover a wide variety of complex workflows.
- Identify and propose tooling and workflow improvements to make our team more agile and effective.
- B.A./B.S. with excellent academic credentials
- 1-2+ years of experience in content moderation, legal operations, policy creation, or other anti-abuse work.
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and policy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make important decisions under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and investigative skills.
- Growth mindset and an interest in always improving processes
- Personal integrity and judgment that reflects Dropbox’s core values and commitment to our users’ trust
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience or familiarity with data analysis.