Website amazonmusic Amazon
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Do you have a passion for music and podcasts? Do you want to take an active role in shaping the future of Amazon Music on Amazon? Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com (http://amazonmusic.com/) or download the Amazon Music app.
Amazon Music Trust and Safety is looking for RiskOps Specialists. You will be responsible for moderating content accross Amaon Music as well as reviewing moderation decisions for quality. You will work with a cross-functional team that includes Product, PR, Engineering and executive leadership.
The successful candidate will be expected to have high judgment and enjoy working in an ambiguous space. This person will evaluate complaints with regards to violations which includes but are not limited to subjects such as hate speech, harassment and threats of violence. They could also be required to review decisions for quality control. They will drive root cause analysis (RCA) for critical issues and leverage technology and innovation to bring continuous improvement to the operational processes. They will effectively prioritize work time to ensure productivity and satisfy team standards for time spent in order to consistently achieve service levels.
This person will be be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus, with ability to prioritize effectively, and communicate clearly and persuasively. They will assist in creating and redefining Standard Operational Procedures (SOP). The right candidate will be willing to review and evaluate content and content decisions that may be considered religiously sensitive, politically extreme or otherwise controversial or offensive. They will serve as a role model by displaying a positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, adherence to company policies and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Key job responsibilities
• Conduct manual reviews of potentially problematic content, and take necessary action to remove or suppress content which violates our policies.
• Carry out targeted deep dives to identify broader cohorts of risky content, and make recommendations on triage
• Where necessary, handle incident management in response to any escalations raised to the Trust and Safety team.
• Help develop and improve standard operating procedures for the team.
• Develop subject matter expertise in digital music and podcast content risk management industry best practice.
• Must be fluent in Arabic and English in written and verbal communication
• A minimum of 2 years experience in digital policy or risk management with specific focus on content moderation and escalations management pertaining to moderation and controversial content.
• 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Office suite including MS Excel.
• Experience in content policy, or public policy, policy communications, compliance, or legal with an emphasis on the technology industry
• Exceptional bias for action – willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident.
• Demonstrated problem solving in ambiguous situations
• Ability to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to drive and document new processes and simplify existing processes
• Ability to drive root cause analysis and identify corrective actions on escalations
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant or related field (e.g., JD, Public Policy)
• Proficiency in second language (Spanish, German, French Portuguese, Italian, Japanese)
• Exceptional level of organization and attention to detail
• Experience using SQL/Intercom and Air table
• Comfortable handling a high volume of work on a daily basis
• Strong personal integrity
• Strong technical and analytical aptitude, including some knowledge of statistics
• Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in digital media and knowledge of the publishing industry is a plus