This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 18, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
As a Risk Analyst in Trust & Safety, you will have the responsibility to protect Dapper and its community from any fraudulent and unusual activity.
Previous experience working against payment fraud and in high-pressure, time-sensitive environments is necessary, ideally serving passionate communities.
You’ll be ready for the pace of a high-growth startup and excited to put the systems and sweat equity in place to help take us to the next level.
That said, titles don’t matter to us – impact, authenticity, and values alignment do. Your goal will be to help accelerate Dapper’s growth as a trusted platform by providing insights in order to protect our community and user-base. We’re looking for risk analysts who can help us protect against fraud while ensuring an awesome customer experience.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Work cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioural and transaction data to uncover fraudulent behaviour and activity.
- Identify red flags, suspicious activity, investigate patterns/typologies and work on appropriate solutions.
- Make time-sensitive decisions across a variety of user restrictions (payments, withdrawal of funds, account level access).
- Work through external fraud vendors dashboard (machine learning tools) and analyze credit card data to determine risk level and make time-sensitive decisions (approve and reject transactions).
- Analyze chargeback data to identify fraud trends and prepare chargeback reports.
- Compile evidence to dispute chargeback with online payment processors.
- Deal with escalations from the customers and internal stakeholders.
- Take a holistic view of a user’s transactional journey to identify bad actors.
A little about you:
- Undergraduate degree, technical certificate, or relevant work experience.
- Experience with SQL is highly desired.
- Experience with data analysis, investigations, and an understanding of how fraudsters think.
- Knowledgable in card-not-present fraud schemes, its risk prevention methods and detection tools for digital and virtual goods.
- Experience mitigating online fraud, such as account takeover, phishing, online card testing, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities on short notice, including working in a dynamic fast paced tech environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience and or interest in cryptocurrency is also an asset.
The Trust & Safety team prioritizes user safety and a platform free of collusion and bad actors.
Your focus, and that of the overall team, will be promoting the best possible user experience with effective safeguards to mitigate harmful activity.
As Dapper continues to expand, you will help manage the risk mitigation across many countries and payment methods.