This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 13, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in internet services, process improvement, or customer support.
Experience leading teams and coaching team members. Experience working in a crisis response environment.
- Ability to work non-standard working hours including weekends and holidays on rotation.
- Experience leading a crisis response function.
- Experience in content policy or anti-abuse operations.
- Experience delivering excellent customer experience against core metrics, as well as process improvement.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. Calm under pressure.
- Strong business judgment, strategic and analytical capabilities, including using data to drive strategy and business action.
- Outstanding influencing and executive communication skills; ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional partners.
About the job
As a Rapid Response Director, you are a critical player for protecting YouTube from badness. You are responsible for delivering high quality policy enforcement support on the most sensitive escalations from external sources (news outlets, regulatory bodies, customers) and internal escalations (from cross-functional partners, executives). You lead our front line operations on cutting-edge policy enforcement and are comfortable delivering decisions and recommendations under tight timelines to executives. You will manage the San Bruno based team and work with other regional Rapid Response Directors to ensure an effective global operation. Additionally, this role is responsible for leading YouTube’s global Code of Conduct process which reviews creators causing undue harm to YouTube’s ecosystem. You also oversee the Market Responsibility Specialist function, the team who brings expert regional insights to help improve how YouTube enforces our policies.
You are responsible for managing complex and evolving incidents end to end. The role involves sensitive escalation management and working closely with stakeholders to ensure alignment in applying and enforcing policies and addressing brand risk. You will work cross-functionally across Policy Development, Policy Verticals, Scaled Abuse, Product, and Global Scaled Operations to operationalize, enforce, and communicate policies that keep users safe and minimize brand risk to the platform. The role requires thinking through the unique challenges of a broad array of policy areas (e.g. Child Safety, Violent Extremism, Hate/Harassment, Harmful/Dangerous, Misinformation, Adult) while developing consistent, resilient workflows. You will review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $232,000-$341,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead Market Responsibility and Rapid Response teams. Ensure operational processes, tools, and team cohesion across regions are working exceptionally well. Understand the organization’s tooling needs and effectively prioritize and communicate them to partner teams.
- Lead, grow, and motivate the San Bruno Rapid Response team to handle complex customer, press, regulators, and executive escalations.
- Lead the global Code of Conduct process to ensure cross-functional review of high profile creators who may have created harm to YouTube’s ecosystem and gain executive approval.
- Manage the Americas Incident Commander function for high profile escalations that require cross-functional coordination across many teams. Play the role of Incident Commander, where needed.
- Deliver operational performance across all escalation paths and team members, ensuring that escalations are triaged, tracked, investigated and resolved. Ensure team coverage plans during off hours (weekends).
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.