This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Databases and querying (e.g., SQL, MySQL, MapReduce, etc.).
- Experience querying/analyzing large and complex datasets/data warehouses to pull out relevant insights, metrics, and trends.
- Ability to solve unstructured business problems in the fraud investigations and risk management space.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts with multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to process data to drive business strategies and decisions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
The mission of our Publisher Quality team is to ensure that publishers comply with our policies.
As a Publisher Quality Analyst, you will ensure online safety by combating web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, Google Ads, and AdSense.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Perform manual investigations to catch product abuse (i.e. policy violations), enforce product policies, learn abuse patterns, establish ground truth, and identify product vulnerabilities.
- Conduct data analyses, identify opportunities/sources for new signals/automations, and drive utilization of new signals by developing solutions for scalable enforcement on policy non-compliant publisher inventory.
- Drive strategy and team focus on data/analysis techniques to provide insights on abuse and operational trends.
- Respond to advertisers and publisher concerns and help enhance trust in Google’s Ad Ecosystem.
- Partner cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and other enforcement teams within Trust and Safety to push for policy changes and close product vulnerabilities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.