This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 11, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
As a Public Policy Manager (Product) on the Public Policy team, you will serve as the bridge between our Product organization and the policy community. You will explain our products to policymakers around the world, as well as lead our external engagement on policy issues that affect our commercial offerings, including data privacy, intellectual property, Trust & Safety (T&S), and other topics as they arise. In parallel, you will help shape the ongoing development of our products so that they appropriately reflect updates and changes in the broader policy community.
This role is highly cross-functional and you will collaborate closely with our Product, Legal, T&S, and Communications teams. You will work with many of these teams to spearhead due diligence efforts and implement regulatory frameworks into our product development process. You will also build and maintain relationships with civil society organizations to inform our product policies and internal design practices, in partnership with the T&S and Policy teams.
- Strong track record working cross-functionally with Product, Legal, Trust & Safety, and Communications teams on product design and policy developments
- Demonstrated experience briefing policymakers and regulatory authorities in multiple markets including the U.S. and the E.U.
- Collaboration with Product teams to ensure products conform to policy requirements, frameworks, and toolkits
- Experience designing and advocating for concrete policy and regulatory proposals for consumer and / or enterprise technology products
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- 7+ years Public Policy experience, in technology companies or government (or both!)
- Deep familiarity with data privacy, security, T&S, or intellectual property topics
- Experience with AI / ML
- Building partnerships with civil society and advocacy groups to inform Trust & Safety policies
- Representing Public Policy on internal review committees or product review processes
Representative Projects Could Include:
- Developing proactive policy campaigns that explain our products, users, and Trust & Safety policies to policymakers in multiple geographies
- Spearheading engagement with policymakers in response to inquiries regarding our products
- Conducting gap analyses between our internal processes and recommended policy frameworks
- Designing and executing a policy campaign for regulatory proposals to govern general-purpose AI systems including large language models (LLMs) in commercial applications
- Working cross-functionally with Product, Legal, and Trust & Safety teams to conduct policy reviews and impact assessments on our products
- Working cross-functionally with Communications, Product, and Trust & Safety teams to clearly communicate product design decisions and product policies
- Building and maintaining relationships with key policymakers and national regulatory authorities
- Building and maintaining relationships with civil society and advocacy groups
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.