This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 9, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience in child safety, compliance, or technology policy
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder projects and workflows
- Experience eliciting input from a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders, including leveraging data
- Advanced degree related to technology policy and/or children and technology, including Media and Communications, Child Development, Education, and Social Sciences
- 8 years of experience in child safety, compliance, or tech policy
- Experience working at a major technology company
- Experience integrating evolving laws, regulations, or standards into policies, controls, business processes, etc.
- Knowledge of key policy issues affecting kids and youth online (including child rights frameworks)
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will have close partnerships with the Legal, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Product, Trust and Safety, Marketing, and Communications teams, as well as the Google-wide Compliance and Kids and Families infrastructure.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Help develop an overall strategy for Kids, Youth, and Families Compliance.
- Manage the kids and families advisory group, including providing program management support and facilitating consultations.
- Translate policy and legal guidance into actionable recommendations, requirements, and controls for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Help define a risk assessment process, influence, and assist business/process owners in closing gaps, mitigating risks, and adopting processes to help the business meet and exceed youth compliance requirements.
- Work with Product and Policy teams to advise on potential implications of decisions and help YouTube understand risks and opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.