This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 11, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in public policy, policy communications, program management, strategy, and/or operations.
- Experience distilling complex concepts into coherent and clear communications materials.
- Knowledge of the tech/platform policy and regulatory environment.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and manage/coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Ability to lead projects by driving final deliverables, and creating outputs tailored to audiences.
- Ability to proactively take ownership of projects by setting and achieving milestones, synthesizing input from stakeholders.
- Ability to work creatively and proactively on different timelines/scales with excellent problem-solving and writing skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Program Manager, you’ll play a key role in managing design, execution, and delivery of high-visibility transparency reports concerning Youtube’s impact on users, partners, and society. You will support reporting on various regions and issues areas and work closely with YouTube’s teams including Analytics, Product, Trust and Safety, Legal, and Policy. You will also collaborate with regional experts to develop accurate, scalable, and timely regulatory and voluntary reports. You will manage work as a key part of YouTube’s transparency reporting efforts and help demonstrate YouTube’s commitments to platform responsibility.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Lead the full life cycle production of transparency reports, including establishing project priorities and timeline, translating policy requirements to facilitate contributions from technical teams, tracking dependencies, managing cross-functional reviews, input and approvals, and general troubleshooting.
- Identify, scope, and drive alignment among a broad set of internal stakeholders on reporting strategy, content and metrics, informed by business priorities and local policy context.
- Develop and manage internal partnerships, drive internal communications, and knowledge sharing efforts around reporting priorities. Ensure reporting consistency with data sharing principles and policy narratives.
- Source, write, and vet descriptions of data and metrics. Work with cross-functional partners on report language for product, processes, and policies.
- Contribute to shared internal knowledge base and resources for reports. Propose solutions to close gaps in documenting products, policies, and processes for transparency reporting.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.