Website nianticlabs Niantic Labs
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 31, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Niantic’s Legal Team is looking for a Product & Privacy Counsel to advise our teams as they develop and launch cutting-edge AR technology and mobile games that connect players with their local communities and each other. In this role you will partner with teams across the company to develop solutions for the legal, compliance and public policy challenges (and opportunities!) we encounter as we continue to develop innovative augmented reality experiences. This position will be based in Niantic’s San Francisco office.
- Partner closely with our engineering and product management teams to identify and manage legal issues and risks during all stages of product development.
- Lead legal support for social features within games and our games platform, user generated content and content moderation policies and procedures, and trust and safety initiatives across the company.
- Educate teams about global regulatory issues, with a particular focus on privacy compliance, online safety, and the protection of children online.
- Think creatively about the novel legal and policy issues arising from real-world location-based games and augmented reality products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including Product, Trust & Safety, and Operations, to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- 5+ years experience working in an innovative legal environment, ideally a combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- Product counseling background, including experience with issue spotting and advising across various topics, including intellectual property, trust and safety, consumer protection, and data privacy in location-based services.
- Privacy counseling experience, including familiarity with privacy regulations such as CCPA/ CPRA and GDPR. Experience with COPPA, global age appropriate design codes, and family/child consumer technology products a plus.
- Proven business judgment, and the ability to analyze the costs/benefits of proposed resolutions to legal problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations
- Experience working on diverse, cross-functional teams with the ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Experience with international product development and launch issues, and mobile expertise are both a plus.
- JD with strong academic credentials.
- Member in good standing of the California Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
To apply for this job please visit nianticlabs.com.