This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 20, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. Our Trust & Safety team’s commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community. The Trust & Safety policy team at TikTok helps ensure that our global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our apps, while protecting our brand. As T&S’s Product Policy Manager for Deceptive Activities & Actors you will develop the strategy for our policy approach to Covert Influence and Inauthentic Behavior. Safeguarding our community against actors who seek to undermine the authenticity of our platform is critical to maintaining TikTok’s core vision. This will include policy research and development, external engagement, and close coordination with investigations and security teams.
– Lead the development and iteration of global platform integrity policies (e.g., in the form of policy titles, operational guidance documents) related to Covert Influence Activity on TikTok
– Partner closely with Global Security, Threat Research & Intelligence to guide TikTok’s investigation and enforcement teams to ensure the timely detection and removal of Deceptive Activities
– Engage with Legal and Public Policy teams to ensure compliance with key regulations and be a T&S point of contact for any potential new regulations
– Act as a global escalation point of contact for Covert Influence, and align all stake-holders and leadership to respond to emergency misrepresentation-related policy decisions
– Act as the representative with third party threat intelligence vendors, and work cross functionally to determine vendor roadmap and assess individual vendors value
– Remain up-to-date on industry trends and emerging issues in the misrepresentation space and design policies to combat them – Serve as a advisor to fellow Policy colleagues on topics that benefit from a technical backgrounds (e.g., deep fakes) and be a key point of contact on behalf of the Policy team for our technical XFN partners (e.g. Security, Product & Process)
– Bachelors degree in political science, government, cybersecurity communications, law or related field
– 5+ years of experience in security, government, or technology focused on addressing misrepresentation, inauthentic behavior, and/or influence operations at scale
– Expertise on actors who may engage in coordinated misinformation campaigns, influence operations, and/or inauthentic behavior on social media
– Content knowledge around misinformation narratives, influence operations, and inauthentic behavior on social media – Ability to quickly identify problems, thoroughly analyze them and deliver feasible policy solutions
– Advanced degree in law, policy, political science, engineering, cybersecurity or other related field
– Technical fluency to understand and analyze technical investigative reports to provide accurate policy guidance
– Expertise related to adversarial actors and influence operations in multiple markets and regions – Proficient in multiple languages relevant to this work
– Previous experience at a fast-moving internet platform company Trust & Safety is committed to the wellbeing of all our employees.
Our promise is to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee’s journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centered, innovative and integrated approach.