This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 5, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As Roblox Product Policy Manager, you lead defining our product policies, including how our Community Rules inform our policies, what those policies should be, and in which product areas they are applied. You are responsible for understanding our Community Rules and other policies, and developing new principles and policies. You collaborate internally to identify policy issues, to solve those issues and bring improved products to our users. You are passionate about our mission, the community Roblox serves, and the policy issues Roblox needs to address. You will report to Roblox’ Director of Content Policy in our Trust and Safety Product team.
- 3+ years of experience in the online safety and policy space with a consumer facing-product, but could also come from consulting, government or NGOs. This could include roles in Trust and Safety operations, policy, project management, compliance, legal, risk management, content moderation
- Strong organizational skills. Excel at documentation with a fine attention to detail. Ask all the necessary questions to make sure every aspect of a topic or project has been nailed down
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills. Take complex issues into clear and easy to understand communication
- Trust & Safety Subject Matter Expertise. Spot trust and safety issues in product and program proposals; propose solutions to mitigate risk across product surfaces and collaborate with cross functional teams to execute
- Clear Self Direction.
- Excitement to build a team and a capability supporting a fast-growing platform
- Growth mindset.
- Draft platform policies and work with cross-functional stakeholders to launch them successfully; Do deep research into industry standards, academic literature, advocacy organization positions, and others to inform policy development
- Help build the policy infrastructure, and bring a strong perspective on prioritization, roadmapping, and policy development process
- Advise product teams on policy and trust and safety implications of their work
- Work directly with Trust and Safety product teams to help build internal tools
To apply for this job please visit jobs.roblox.com.