This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 12, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Our Trust & Safety team’s commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community. As T&S’s Product Policy Lead for Deceptive Activities & Actors, you will develop the strategy for our policy approach to deception and disinformation that undermine the Integrity & Authenticity of our platform. Safeguarding our community against actors who seek to undermine the authenticity of our platform is critical to maintaining TikTok’s core vision. This role will design the global approach to the Deceptive Activities and Actors, including the development of our policy approach, consultation with senior company leadership, external engagement, and close coordination with investigation and security teams. The Deceptive Activities and Actors team covers a range of important issues including Covert Influence Activity, Inauthentic Behavior, and Misrepresentation issues. In addition, this role will work closely with teams that manage high-risk events including elections, civil unrest, and conflict environments.
– Develop TikTok’s overall policy strategy and roadmap for the Deceptive Activities and Actors policies
– Lead the team in charge of developing global platform policies (e.g., in the form of policy titles, operational guidance documents) related to Covert Influence Activity, and Inauthentic Behavior, Artificial Engagement on TikTok
– Partner closely with Global Security, Threat Research & Intelligence to guide TikTok’s investigation and enforcement teams to ensure the timely detection and removal of Deceptive Activities
– Engage with Legal and Public Policy teams to ensure compliance with key regulations and be a T&S point of contact for any potential new regulations
– Act as a global escalation point of contact for Covert Influence, and align all stake-holders and leadership to respond to emergency misrepresentation-related policy decisions
– Act as the representative with third party threat intelligence vendors, and work cross functionally to determine vendor roadmap and assess individual vendors value
– Remain up-to-date on industry trends and emerging issues in the misrepresentation space and design policies to combat them – Serve as a advisor to fellow Policy colleagues on topics that benefit from a techinical backgrounds (e.g., deep fakes) and be a key point of contact on behalf of the Policy team for our technical XFN partners (e.g. Security, Product & Process)
– Bachelors degree in political science, government, cybersecurity communications, law or related field
– 7+ years of experience in security, government, or technology focused on addressing misrepresentation, inauthentic behavior, and/or influence operations at scale
– Expertise on actors who may engage in coordinated misinformation campaigns, influence operations, and/or inauthentic behavior on social media
– Content knowledge around misinformation narratives, influence operations, and inauthentic behavior on social media
– Experience with international technology/online content and /social media issues
– Ability to quickly identify problems, thoroughly analyze them and deliver feasible policy solutions
– Technical fluency to understand and analyze technical investigative reports to provide accurate policy guidance
– Experience in launching new strategies and Zero-to-One initiatives
– Advanced degree in law, policy, political science, engineering, cybersecurity or other related field
– Expertise related to adversarial actors and influence operations in multiple markets and regions
– Proficient in multiple languages relevant to this work
– Previous experience at a fast-moving internet platform company
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bytedance.com.