This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Why Join Us At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok. The Trust & Safety Policy team is composed of individuals with expertise in a range of issue areas. We are committed to keeping our online community safe, and we develop polices to address harmful content, from misinformation to harassment. We are looking for talented individuals to join us for an internship in 2023. Internships at TikTok aim to offer students industry exposure and hands-on experience working on cutting edge Trust & Safety topics. Turn your ambitions into reality as your inspiration brings infinite opportunities at TikTok.
This Internship Program runs for 12 weeks beginning in May and June of 2023.
Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following summer internship cycles below:
1. May 22, 2023 to August 11, 2023
2. May 29, 2023 to August 18, 2023
3. June 12, 2023 to September 1, 2023
We will prioritize candidates who are able to commit to these start dates. Please state your availability clearly in your resume (Start date, End date). Application deadline: February 15th, 2023
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is applicable to TikTok and its affiliates’ jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis – we encourage you to apply early.
– Analyze content safety issues, and support the development of effective policy solutions
– Conduct qualitative research on complex issue areas, summarize scholarly findings or best practices, and draft platform recommendations
– Compile and assess platform case examples for policy analyses, proposals, presentations, and training materials
– Currently enrolled in degree program for a PhD, JD, MS, or an MA in Law, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Digital Humanities, or a related discipline
– Ability to commit to working for 12 consecutive weeks during Summer 2023
– Legal authorization to work in the country of employment at the time of hire, and an ability to maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
– An anticipated graduation date of December 2023 or later, with the intent to return to your degree-program after the completion of the internship
– Deep interest in content management, digital safety, and online community development
– Strong writing skills and ability to discuss complex, sensitive topic areas
– Effective multi-tasking skills, ability to balance priorities, persuasive stakeholder management, and comfort being flexible during pivotal decision making
EVEN BETTER IF:
– Previous work in content moderation or content labelling
– Work experience specifically regarding technology/social media/content
– Additional language skills (e.g., Spanish or Portuguese)