This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 24, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
As a Product Policy Analyst on TikTok’s US Trust & Safety team, you will work to ensure that users enjoy a safe, authentic, diverse and inclusive community on the platform. This role will specialize in the platform’s growing suite of features to help creators derive income from their content. You will need a deep understanding of how TikTok monetization features work and how they can be abused. This will require developing systems for tracking and anticipating user behavior and identifying thoughtful, creative policy solutions in a fast moving environment. You will work closely with a variety of internal partners including Global and US experts on issues such as illegal and regulated goods, Communications, Operations, Product, and Legal to ensure that TikTok is able to detect, triage, and prevent violations of our community guidelines. This position will be full-time. It can be based in any of our offices but preference will be given to candidates based in Los Angeles, New York City, or Washington DC.
– Work closely with cross-functional partners and external experts to understand emerging social media trends in the US and to predict risks specific to monetization features
– Cultivate a deep understanding of monetization features and enforcement requirements to support the development, launch and training of effective content policies and guidance
– Work closely with product teams to promote community well-being and user safety through optimization of product safety features and product strategy
– Stay abreast of trust and safety best practices features and analyze existing policies and procedures to identify gaps, inconsistencies, or conflicts
– Work with cross-functional teams to set goals and milestones for continuously improving the safety of monetization features
– 3+ years of work experience in Trust & Safety, monetization policy, or other product safety roles in a new media, technology, or entertainment company
– Demonstrated systematic thought process regarding policy and experience working with engineering and technical design teams
– Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, identify trade-offs, and make decisions in high-pressure situations
– Strong attention to detail — highly self-driven and results oriented
– Experience handling sensitive and sometimes graphic material
– Bilingual in English and at least one other language (e.g., Spanish, Mandarin)
– Advanced proficiency in Excel and understanding of data access tools, including but not limited to SQL
– Experience working with international partners in different time zones
– Proven ability to develop sound research methodologies and collect, synthesize, analyze, and interpret data
– Experience working in a start-up environment
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.