Website blockpartyapp_ Block Party
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 3, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Block Party is a seed stage tech startup building consumer tools for online safety and managing online harassment. People describe our product as “bloody marvellous”, “the only thing that makes [Twitter] bearable”, and “v good app 10/10 much recommend”.
The company is led by founder and CEO Tracy Chou (early engineer at Pinterest, Quora, and Facebook; Project Include co-founder; Forbes 30 under 30; MIT Tech Review cover) and backed by a diverse set of some of the best investors in Silicon Valley, New York, and beyond. More about us on the company website.
Remote role on a distributed team (core working hours are midday Eastern Time)
What you’ll do:
As a founding member of the product team, you’ll help us define not only our product but also how we build product. We have a much beloved initial product on Twitter; next up is expanding the product offering and customer base on Twitter, as well as building for new platforms.
You’ll be responsible for managing the product throughout the entire product life cycle, including setting the product vision, strategy, and roadmap; obsessing in user research and feedback to ensure we’re building the best product for our customers; project-managing product development to launch; setting up metrics and running data analysis to understand usage and opportunity for iteration; and following through for growth and optimization.
What we’re looking for:
- A clear product thinker equally comfortable with blue-sky visionary thinking as with structured analysis and tactical execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate product and go-to-market concepts across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and fluency in data analysis, experience defining and measuring product metrics
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Deep familiarity with social media platforms and products
- A self starter who is able to execute in a remote startup environment
- Ability to think strategically about product, technology, processes, and people
- Curiosity, humility, a desire to learn and grow and to help others learn and grow
- Passion for building thoughtful, ethical technology
Nice-to-haves, but not required:
- Proven ability to take a product from idea to successful market adoption
- Experience at an early stage startup
- Experience working at social media platform companies and/or in trust and safety
- A personal connection to our mission of online safety