This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 22, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Roblox designers are pioneers. Carving through uncharted territory, our teams are strategizing, defining new interaction standards and challenging the limits of technology. We’re “reimagining the way people come together.” We’re building a metaverse.
By joining Roblox, you’ll have a hand in ushering in a new category of human interaction while solving challenges you won’t find anywhere else. At Roblox, we focus on the long view — with that privilege comes the responsibility and expectation that you’re able to plan and execute against a vision. You’ll practice both the art and science of design, balancing business and user needs as you set a vision for your team, collaborate with and drive alignment across multiple product and design teams at Roblox.
Each of our Groups is tackling our mission to “connect a billion people with optimism and civility” in its own way:
Our User Group‘s charter is broad. It’s setting the vision for the evolution of our design system; tackling platform expansion beyond mobile and desktop to console, AR and VR; all while shaping how Roblox players socialize, communicate and connect in the metaverse across both 2D interfaces and 3D-immersive environments.
Our Growth Group runs point on the front-door to the metaverse. There’s no shortage of opportunity to lead and de-risk innovation through experimentation, while overhauling core Roblox discovery experiences (e.g. the homepage, search, notifications), all while unlocking new ways for our users to create and express themselves.
Our Safety Group is building the backbone of Roblox’s safety experience, tools and systems that help keep thousands of kids safe on Roblox. This includes the tools for new features that help us moderate voice chat, text chat, games and creator/developer assets such as avatars, and user generated content.
Our Economy Group oversees the scale and security of all things virtual economy at Roblox, while powering a virtual marketplace that handles millions of transactions a day and providing the infrastructure to empower developers to monetize their experiences — with our developers earning hundreds of millions of dollars each year.
Our Creator Group owns the vision for the Studio interactive developer environment, a technical space that defines experiences for our platform of developer tools and services. Our investments here are sparking imagination and unlocking creativity in the minds of users around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business.
- Create world-class user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, systematic layouts, and delightful interactions
- Own end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Partner cross-functionally with Engineering to provide a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Develop research strategies to inform strategies and validate design decisions
- Experience. Experience comes in many forms. We’re reviewing candidates of all experience levels.
- Collaboration. You share projects early and often while encouraging your peers to find constructive feedback from their manager, team members, partners and the Product Design team
- Leadership. You are accountable for design quality and cohesion across your area and who engages other designers to help them grow
- Precision. You are precise with your time and work, and you will find resources to complete large-scale projects
- Inquisitive nature about product goals from both our mission and user’s perspective, you’ll promote a learning culture both within the Product Design team and our organization
- Creativity with your design solutions using existing frameworks to reinvent and improve important user journeys, contributing new styles that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox’s products
- Drive and always expanding your skills by trying to find new tools and techniques
To apply for this job please visit jobs.roblox.com.