This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As Privacy Program Manager, you will have a broad range of responsibilities including leading the charge for operational implementation and maintenance of the global data protection program for Square and Block. You will partner with our engineering, product, security, and other teams to implement and document solutions and processes to achieve regulatory compliance. As we expand our offerings globally, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact. You will report to Lead Privacy Counsel.
- Help with the maintenance and updating of policies, standards, playbooks and standard operating procedures that support global privacy and data protection program goals
- Ensure that data subject requests are logged and responded to within the prescribed periods
- Prepare and maintain data protection program documentation, including records of personal data processing (data inventories) and data protection impact assessments, and conduct periodic compliance assessments of these
- Support ongoing measurement and auditing on overall effectiveness of the privacy program and execution of privacy policies and standards
- Assess and ensure implementation of technical and organizational measures that support compliance
- Implement appropriate privacy awareness and training resources
- 3+ years of directly related experience in data protection and governance or privacy program management
- Experience with personal data and ability to develop a broad knowledge of data across the business
- Understand data infrastructures, data collection and processing
- Operate in a matrixed environment while meeting the clients needs
- In-depth understanding of privacy policies, principles, and technologies and familiarity with privacy control frameworks
- Experience navigating privacy regulations around the globe and associated frameworks, including, but not limited to, GDPR and CCPA
- Understand privacy and data protection language in legal contracts
- Willingness to work with colleagues to brainstorm pragmatic and creative solutions
- CIPP and/or CIPM certification preferred