This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Understanding of state and federal privacy laws, with a particular emphasis on HIPAA and state health privacy laws
- Knowledge of information security principles and the privacy requirements related to research
- Experience defining, drafting and implementing policies and procedures and training
- Experience conducting ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with other compliance and operational assessment functions
- Ability to drive results in diverse fast pace environments
- Able to clearly organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to lead, take action and provide goal oriented direction in the face of ambiguity and change
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Team player with ability to partner at all levels of the organization
- Minimum of 6 years privacy experience, with a particular focus on HIPAA, state and research laws
This is a new role that will be responsible for supporting the privacy program for AC Wellness and will report to Apple’s Privacy Legal Office. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of health and general privacy laws, requirements and industry best practices and will have responsibility for supporting AC Wellness’s privacy program.
Key responsibilities will include:
– leading key aspects of the privacy program
– providing guidance and assistance to team members to comply with applicable privacy laws and policies
– coordinating internal and external investigations, compliance reviews and monitoring activities
– developing, implementing and maintaining privacy policies and procedures
– identifying and communicating potential risks areas with leadership
– ensuring that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent federal and state privacy standards
– staying informed of and properly communicating any changes to or developments in privacy laws, regulations, standards, and guidance
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, JD preferred.