This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 6, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We’re looking for a talented Privacy & Product Counsel: GTM Strategy and Customer Trust to join our dynamic and collaborative legal team at Atlassian! In this role you will have the opportunity to strategically guide Atlassian in protecting and strengthening its number one asset: Customer Trust – and on Day 1 – use your experience to have tangible impact on Atlassian’s enterprise cloud go-to-market strategy.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Become a member of our growing team of individuals supporting atlassian’s go-to-market and trust work within our department
- Design scalable processes for implementation
- Identify enablement opportunities to educate go-to-market and commercial teams, reducing escalations to Privacy
- Provide guidance on compliance with global privacy and data security laws, regulations and industry standards. We’re not looking for an academic analysis!
- Partner with the business (engineering, product, sales, etc.) on global privacy related initiatives
- Support efforts to build trustworthy, data privacy-conscious products our customers love
- Engage with the privacy legal community to understand evolving issues and to help Atlassian provide an industry-leading privacy program for our customers and stakeholders
More About You
- You strive to be both a trusted business advisor as well as a privacy subject matter expert because of your strategic, practical approach
- No egos here! You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and can get things done as part of a lean and growing Privacy team
- You’re a fan of SaaS and cloud services and are aware of industry trends
- Bringing innovative technology products to the market excites you, and you can develop the technical fluency to confidently and effectively advocate for and explain Atlassian’s privacy positions and business value proposition to customers
- You’re keenly aware of product, privacy and data protection issues that our customers are likely focused on when considering or using our products – and are eager to develop customer enablement materials to make our customers’ legal and compliance teams’ jobs easier
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers, seeking to find a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You invest in building relationships within the Privacy team, and are excited to contribute to a positive and inclusive team ethos
- You can ruthlessly prioritize based on business criticality, and communicate or set expectations with other stakeholders respectfully
- You are a good storyteller and coach, and effectively communicate with the business and customers to help them understand nuanced legal positions and recommended risk mitigation strategies
On Your First Day, We’ll Expect You To Have
- Qualified to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- 5-7 + years practicing law
- Extensive enterprise and B2B SaaS and cloud services industry experience
- Passion to understand our customers, products, culture, and business model
- Deep knowledge of US and European data protection law, and a willingness to invest time in deepening your subject matter expertise in other markets
- Ability to quickly learn new business and technology concepts
- A growth mindset
- Availability and willingness to support customer-facing teams in APAC and the United States; ideally based in the West Coast Time Zone
To apply for this job please visit www.atlassian.com.