This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 11, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We are seeking an outstanding Policy Specialist to join our growing Trust & Safety team. As a Policy Specialist, you will play a key role in ensuring that Spotify products and features remain safe and trusted for users.
As a member of the Product Trust team within Trust and Safety, you will be responsible for advising product and engineering teams developing new experiences across the Spotify platform. You will work with cross-functional teams to align on priorities and deliver innovative solutions to address the emerging issues facing users online. You are a problem solver who excels in a fast paced environment, can create structure in ambiguous spaces, and can influence teams to drive solutions.
What you’ll do
- Conduct risk assessments of new product / features and collaborate with T&S, Product and Engineering teams on design and risk mitigation strategies.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to build consensus and advance T&S initiatives.
- Coordinate engagement of all relevant Trust & Safety stakeholders related to new product/feature launches.
- Support the development of our internal product policies and best practices to ensure the safety and trust of our products at scale.
- Track industry developments, academic research, and evolving trends related to safe product design to inform our advisory work.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on topics related to abuse and mitigation.
- Help build and refine processes to scale our product advisory function.
Who you are
- BA/BS degree or similar experience required
- 2+ years experience in Trust & Safety, or a related field,.
- Deep understanding of online safety trends and landscape, such as issues related to generative AI, search, content recommendations, behavioral abuse, and user-generated content.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify potential avenues for abuse.
- Creative problem solver, comfortable thinking through novel issues and devising new ways to measure and mitigate risks; coding experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to navigate complex issues and passionate about helping Spotify users and creators.
- Proven track record to lead multiple projects simultaneously while balancing competing priorities.
- Self-starter, resilient, and passionate about keeping our community safe.
- Team player with ability to work autonomously.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.