This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 120+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
📈 Opportunity Size
The ecommerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $170B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
💻 The Role
- Identify safety risks on our marketplace and livestream, and establish early warning, prevention, and control of platform and industry risks.
- Partner and build consensus with cross-functional teams including GTM, Sales, Product, Operations, and Legal to develop new policies and enforcement criteria.
- Serve as the single point of contact for sensitive and critical policy/enforcement escalations, and provide consultative guidance, taking into account our policy guidelines, business impact of the decision, and local market as well as regulatory conditions.
- Identify policy gaps and problem areas and decide when revisions and overhauls are needed.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Support, Trust & Safety, QA, Training and Outsourcing teams to ensure accurate and effective policy enforcement.
- Resolve complex policy escalations with considerable autonomy.
- Collect feedback, evaluate improvement suggestions and execute policy and process improvement projects.
- Analyze the user experience and implement policy together with the product and operation team.
- Serve as the spokesperson and external face of Trust & Safety at Whatnot, establishing Whatnot as a Trust & Safety leader in the industry.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years in Trust & Safety operations or a similar environment.
- Strong experience in policy development and policy enforcement, specifically regarding technology, ecommerce, social media, content and compliance.
- Excellent oral and written communications with the ability to translate complex challenges into simple and clear language and build consensus across multiple levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using data and metrics to determine process improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Up to $500 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses