This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 13, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Policy at Epic
What we do
For us, having sound policies allows users to enjoy and create in a safe environment. Epic operates globally and to create a safe environment, we create policies for our users and look for gaps, options, and solutions to punish and prohibit bad behavior. We strive to understand why things work (or don’t work) and to implement those findings with a purpose and elegance. If that resonates with you, then we’d love to talk.
What you’ll do
As the Policy Lead for Trust & Safety at Epic, you will be a vision holder for your team, collaborating with production, development, design, and operations to build a global moderation team, develop standards and policy, implement processes and scalability plans in continuous alignment with a vision and strategic roadmap. You are responsible for driving the protection of the ecosystem through disciplined analytics and experimentation with measurable goals in all processes. You will enforce the vision and the policy for the existing community, contents, operation for all content moderation processes and governance.
In This Role You Will
- Own – The content moderation internal and external policies, the operationalizing of said policies at the agent level. The Epic content moderation will cover all products and services of Epic
- Collaborate – With stakeholders such as business, developers, community managers and operations to ensure continuous alignment balanced with strategic execution against the vision and the roadmap with purposeful and effective communication both formal and informal, with an open mind to listen carefully and decide the most important aspects of content moderation
- Execute – Become a business owner for the results of the content moderation. Against KPIs, conduct overlapping, multivariate experiments, to better understand behavior patterns/trends, and iterate to enhance all areas of content moderation policy and its implementation in both services and processes. And identify new opportunities to enhance existing organizations, services, processes and policies
What We’re Looking For
- Experience as a content moderation director driving globally distributed team of internal resources as well as external resources especially in building
- Drive improvements and optimization in teams, services, tools, processes and policies
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, in game industry or entertainment industries
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Mentally strong and having a great emotional intelligence
- Driven to build a great team
- Passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO and knowing how to take calculated risks to create maximum impact