This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 11, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in developing or managing policy for an online platform/engagement with online public policy issues.
- Experience working with global teams and communicating with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience implementing strategic and/or large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in data-driven impact analysis.
- Ability to engage and discuss sensitive or controversial topics.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
In this role, you will develop global policies for YouTube content and drive cross-functional projects impacting the global ecosystem. You will work on YouTube’s Partner Program (YPP) and help build/shape the policy structures. You will review graphic, controversial, or offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Develop, maintain, and update our global policies in various areas that determine creator eligibility for the YouTube Partner Program.
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders and company executives regarding proposed content policy efforts.
- Lead research and trainings for developing policies and understanding emerging risks.
- Work closely with global teams to ensure effective operationalization of global policies.
- Build and strengthen partnerships cross-functionally (e.g., public policy, PR, legal, product, engineering, etc.). Understand and communicate the challenges and needs presented by the latest trends globally.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.