This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 28, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Role
As a Policy Enforcement Specialist on the Trust and Safety team, you will be a subject matter expert across all our content policies with the potential to focus on specific areas of abuse. You will develop deep expertise on the application of OpenAI’s policies in the context of AI-generated content, provide expert-level guidance on the policy-compliance of content and work on creating and scaling review processes. As part of the Scaled Enforcement subteam you will help build automated moderation solutions to mitigate abuse of OpenAI’s technologies. This is an operations role based in our San Francisco office and involves working with sensitive content, including sexual, violent, or otherwise-disturbing material.
In this role, you will:
- Be the subject matter expert on OpenAI’s content policies
- Review content that violates our policies, and improve our review and response processes
- Ensure our moderation operations are running smoothly and scale those processes without trading off review quality
- Respond to escalations by owning or assisting in investigations and follow-on processes
- Collaborate with engineering, policy, and research teams to improve our tooling, policies and understanding of abusive content
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have a pragmatic approach to being on an operations team and can get in the weeds to get stuff done
- Are passionate about AI and are keen to take a part in shaping the safety of this technology
- Have experience on a trust and safety team and/or have worked closely with policy, content moderation, or security teams
- Have a knack for data and use metrics to drive your decision making
- Bonus if you have experience with large language models and/or can use scripting languages (Python preferred)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.