This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 13, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What you’ll do
- Manage and lead high-profile and/or time-sensitive escalations. Can lead during a crisis and work creatively with the team and stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Remove barriers to success for a team of reviewers by ensuring growth and learning opportunities. You will provide mentorship and coaching.
- Define operations strategies and implement scalable processes to ensure successful and consistent policy enforcement, globally. This includes crisis responses and investigations sophisticated escalations.
- Drive daily content moderation operations and reviewer workflows. Help establish metrics-driven goals and be able to synthesize and present operations progress to T&S.
- Work with key cross-functional stakeholders with competing priorities (product, engineering, legal, etc.) to improve internal escalation processes, enforcement workflows, and tooling.
- Communicate policy enforcement process, concepts, and updates effectively to leadership and cross-functional partners
Who you are
- BA/BS degree required.
- 6+ years of meaningful experience in content moderation operations, including experience developing strategies, forecasting operations needs using data, and enforcing policies for podcasts, music, video, and/or another other form of user-generated content.
- Experience in people management. Experience hiring, working with, and leading operations teams and establishing goals and measuring progress.
- A deep understanding of online safety trends and global and legal landscapes.
- Able to leverage data/insights to improve operations performance; can facilitate data-driven and informed prioritization across operations.
- Experience handling time sensitive escalations. Able to take solutions-orientated approaches to sophisticated escalations, tools, bottlenecks, etc.
- Proven track record to lead multiple projects simultaneously across time-zones. Can facilitate critical conversations with ease and balance competing priorities.
- Outstanding communication skills; experience representing T&S in any situation and synthesizing complex information for all audiences.
- Excellent program and stakeholder management skills. Able to communicate effectively in a distributed team and understand cultural contexts.
- Team player with ability to work autonomously, and lead others.
- Self-starter, resilient, and passionate about keeping our community safe.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.