This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 24, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Eventbrite is an industry-leading self-service event management platform, and we care deeply about providing a positive and safe experience on our site. Preventing abuse of our Community Guidelines and our Terms of Service, as well as providing a positive resolution to sensitive situations, are essential in providing a trusted experience to our community of event organizers and ticket buyers. As the risks we face as a marketplace evolve, it’s crucial we have policies our teams can enforce to address issues. Our challenge includes ensuring that these policies are well-researched, clearly defined, and can be enforced consistently at scale.
The Content & Platform Policy team is a small group with diverse backgrounds. We are part of the larger Policy & Platform Operations (PPO) organization, which serves a critical role in allowing our users to experience Eventbrite in a way that fosters trust, safety, diversity, and inclusiveness, while also internally managing certain legal and compliance risks. Our team considers Eventbrite’s values and our user community in creating the guidelines for how to responsibly use our services. We partner closely with Platform Operations and other internal teams to develop, implement, and refine our policies.
This new role will help build Eventbrite’s platform policy strategy. This person should have a solid understanding of the broad aspects of platform policy development and enforcement, and can apply that knowledge to create policies related to governing Eventbrite’s platform usage on a global scale. You will be responsible for understanding Eventbrite’s business priorities in order to develop policies that best serve the company and the people who use our services. This role requires a mix of policy and operational acumen coupled with polished communication and drafting skills, and a strong desire to learn. You will collaborate cross-functionally and utilize critical thinking and deep analytical skills to develop platform policies that enforce our values as a marketplace, mitigate various business risks, and help foster trust in Eventbrite.
- Help support the research, development, and operational implementation of platform policies to address emerging and/or evolving needs within our programs (e.g., spam, fraud, chargebacks, refunds, or other platform abuse)
- Analyze existing policies to ensure consistency with Eventbrite’s values and business strategy
- Project manage policy initiatives, including proactive and ongoing communication with internal stakeholders and partners such as Product, Comms, Marketing, Legal and others
- Serve as subject matter expert and escalation point for investigations and communications for policy issues
- Incorporate insights and trends from enforcement operations to improve policies
- Identify opportunities to change the product or our internal policies or process to improve user trust, or provide a better user experience
- Proactively identify and evaluate platform policy risks to our global platform and drive solutions to help mitigate them
- Keep informed of evolving trends in platform abuse, abuse tactics, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices
- Develop effective relationships with cross-functional partners
- Support the communication of our policy program to internal stakeholders
- 4-6+ years experience in trust & safety, content moderation, payment risk operations, or compliance operations, including development and enforcement of policies and/or processes
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional partners
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Thinks critically and objectively about complex policy issues
- Thrives in ambiguity and can adapt to shifting internal requirements or changes in risk profile, and external industry and regulatory changes
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Takes ownership and drives projects end-to end
- A passion for keeping up with new trends in the Trust & Safety space
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Jira, Slack, Google Apps, SQL
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.