This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 26, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Rover’s Trust & Safety Team is responsible for supporting Rover’s reputation by providing excellent customer care through the prevention and resolution of issues that pose a risk to the company. The Trust & Safety team resolves any possible risk to customers or anything that negatively impacts the customer experience through incident investigation, analysis, and enforcement of Rover.com terms and conditions. We work with business groups to recommend process and policy changes that improve the customer experience and safety of our marketplace.
As a Trust & Safety Agent I, you will work as the front-line support, assisting customers with highly escalated & emergency issues related to pet & Rover community safety. This work is integral to Rover’s mission and longevity, by ensuring our marketplace standards and policies are upheld. Your work will help resolve critical issues and support our users through multiple work streams including: inbound/outbound calls and email.
Who we’re looking for:
You will treat customers as part of our community, because we are all passionate about the same thing. You never settle for good enough and always go above and beyond for a customer. You take the initiative to improve yourself and Rover. You bring your unique experiences and passions to your job every day.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and be permanently located within a commutable distance of our offices in San Antonio, TX or Spokane, WA. Additionally, you must be able to start on February 27th, 2023 and be present for the entire paid training period from February 27-March 23rd.
- Provide inbound and/or outbound phone-based customer service for users in crisis.
- De-escalate and educate callers, through clear and accurate exchange of information that leads to a successful resolution and improved marketplace safety.
- Thoughtfully, decisively and neutrally investigate Trust and Safety cases with medium complexity and high sensitivity while maintaining customer satisfaction and Rover’s Brand image.
- The potential review of graphic and emotionally charged content and incidents involving pets, owners and sitters.
- Generate and respond to support tickets, emails, and SMS messages in support of resolving active customer incidents (e.g. emergency pet care).
- Escalate incidents that require further investigation to the appropriate department.
- Take on ad-hoc duties/projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- Gather necessary documentation to determine potential eligibility for Rover Guarantee claims.
- Own decisions in holistic safety reviews where users may be removed from the platform for not following Rover Community Guidelines, Policies, or Terms of Service
- Understand and meet expected personal metrics such as: Time to Answer, Time to Resolution, Customer Satisfaction Rating, and more
- Put our user’s first by helping them with empathy and confidentiality in difficult situations.
- 1+ years of experience as a Customer Service Representative in a non-scripted contact center environment or related field required
- 1+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, high volume and high stress environment preferred
- 1+ years claims experience and/or working knowledge and understanding of contracts preferred
- Experience in a veterinary clinic/pet industry is preferred
- Ability to remain empathetic, and compassionate in high stakes emergency situations, and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to establish a connection and trust over the phone, email and text platforms while empathizing with the customer and following the Trust and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience maintaining composure in complex situations
- Ability to make quick and thoughtful decisions under pressure in an ambiguous environment
- Experience identifying root causes of customer service issues and areas of improvement while providing feedback to internal stakeholders
- Able to quickly take accurate typed notes while talking to members of the Rover community.
- Familiarity with web based applications such as GSuite, CRM tools, Telephony software and ability to type 30 WPM.
- Our equipment will require you to have a Cable, DSL, or Fiberoptic internet. The Minimum required internet speed is 25 mbps for downloads and 11 mbps for uploads. For optimal connections, a connection speed of 100 mpbs is preferred.