This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 22, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Team
This role sits within Ofcom’s Online Safety Team. Almost every part of our lives is now online. As well as bringing many benefits, there are also real risks posed online by harmful or illegal activity – from hate speech to bullying and harassment to child sexual exploitation, and more. The Government has appointed Ofcom as the new regulator for online safety in the UK. The Policy Team are an integral part of this.
Purpose of the Role
The Policy Manager will take a lead role in policy development related to Trust and Safety systems, including those relating to user empowerment and content moderation. Ultimately, the role is pivotal in providing subject matter expertise in the area of Trust & Safety.
This is a policy role focusing specifically on leading our policy development work on Trust & Safety. This will involve the following responsibilities:
- Take a lead policy role in the Policy Development team to develop and deliver policy related to Trust & Safety
- Solve complex policy problems by gathering information, completing analysis, and distilling findings to identify options for improving online safety
- Ensure the delivery of clear, concise, and focused documents, such as briefings, governance papers, and consultation documents, for internal use or external publication
- Oversee and project manage the workload of junior colleagues and deliver through others across multi-disciplinary teams
- Support the work of senior colleagues as needed to help ensure we deliver against our priorities
- Build and maintain effective relationships with teams across Ofcom that work with Policy Development, ensuring they are updated, included, and feel heard
- Lead and/or support engagement with relevant external online stakeholders
- Develop and foster online expertise across Ofcom’s online safety programme and keep across online trends and technological development
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership on issues relating to platforms’ Trust & Safety systems and stay up to date with developments
- Develop and deliver standards for Trust & Safety systems, including those relating to user empowerment and content moderation
- Lead the development, management and planning of stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and manage research projects to help continue building Ofcom’s expertise in emerging technologies and broader innovation
Please note that this role may involve some research or policy development into areas such as preventing hate and terrorism, online child sexual abuse, material promoting suicide or self-harm, or other potentially sensitive and/or distressing topics.
Skills, Knowledge and experience
- Keen interest and/or practice knowledge of emerging online safety regulation in the UK and beyond – and Ofcom’s mission to create a safer life online for people in the UK
- Experience of working within a project environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Excellent project management and planning skills
- Analytical skills, including conducting research and analysis into complex issues to help find solutions to complex problems
- Experience of coaching colleagues, setting direction, providing ongoing feedback, and delivering through others
- Interpersonal and communication skills, including experience in confidently presenting complex ideas to different audiences
- Experience of working within a project environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Drafting skills, with a focus on producing clear, concise documents for internal use or external publication. Able to coach others to develop drafting skills
- Experience in building and managing constructive internal and external relationships. within a project environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders – including using excellent project management and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize your own and others’ work with the broader priorities of the team
- Agility in adapting to emerging priorities and shifting focus as needed in a dynamic team environment
- Experience of working with or for online services in relation to those services’ trust and safety or integrity functions, including in content moderation, content policy, operations and process, investigations, and/or incident management, and product function
To apply for this job please visit ofcom.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.