This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 30, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Manager, Technology and Human Rights, will be part of BSR’s Technology and Human Rights team, with a focus on managing projects for companies based in the U.S. and EMEA. The Manager will work collaboratively across BSR’s industry teams, with an emphasis on Information and Communications Technology (ICT) given the predominance of technology companies in the U.S. and EMEA.
BSR’s global consulting work covers a range of human rights issues, including assessing the human rights impacts (including both risks and opportunities) of companies; developing mitigation strategies, policies, and impact management plans; developing remediation plans; supporting on human rights reporting and stakeholder engagement efforts; and addressing human rights in the value chain.
The manager will also be a part of the larger Technology Sector consulting team and may support other sustainability projects beyond human rights as needed.
The position is full-time, based in New York, San Francisco, London, Copenhagen, Paris or Remote in these Countries.
Project Management (75% of total time): The Manager will assume responsibility for managing member relationships and projects, especially on human rights topics in the ICT sector. This will require:
- Managing several projects concurrently
- Leading the execution on content development for projects, shaping the direction for what the project should achieve and how to get there
- Maintaining day-to-day company relationships
- Preparing for and leading workshops
- Leading and guiding production of company-ready work products, including recommendations to companies
- Managing the project team of BSR colleagues (typically 2-3 people)
- Developing and managing to a clear project timeline and budget
- Ensuring consistent delivery of best-in-class work products
BSR leads several human rights collaborative initiatives and the Manager will be expected to contribute to their success, which may include project managing one or more BSR collaborative initiative.
Business development and thought leadership (25% of total time): The Manager will work with the Technology Sector Team and Human Rights Team and other Industry Directors to grow the existing relationships and build new opportunities. This also includes contributing to BSR’s research, thought leadership and external engagement.
- Relevant work experience in a high-performing, fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Experience working on Business and Human Rights issues, which could include consulting to companies on human rights, working in civil society organizations on Business and Human Rights, implementing human rights programs in the field, or undertaking and publishing significant research on Business and Human Rights Issues.
- Experience working with or understanding of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry, with a high level of understanding of trends in the technology industry and an enthusiasm for technology is preferable.
- Consulting experience and/or proven ability to perform the key functions of a consultant, including: developing and maintaining client relationships; pursuing and creating business opportunities; and managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Well-developed leadership and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to enhance the skills and effectiveness of other team members.
- Proven track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position. Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- Experience managing multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- High degree of fluency in English required, with fluency in a second language strongly preferred and encouraged.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e. structured, concise, impactful).
- Willingness to undertake up to 15% business travel.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.