Website Internet Archive
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 6, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Internet Archive is looking for an outstanding individual to lead our Patron Services team. The Patron Services team operates similarly to customer service, quality assurance, trust and safety or content moderation. Regardless of what you call it, the Manager of Patron Services is a big and interesting role.
This is a unique opportunity to have a major impact on the complete range of services provided by the Internet Archive, one of the world’s premier libraries and the 2nd most popular non-profit website.
- Lead, support and grow a team of dedicated Patrons Services team members (currently 8 FTE’s all over the world and growing).
- Represent the voice of the Patrons and champion their needs and desires throughout the organization.
- Help the organization develop, and provide ultra responsive, friendly, helpful and multi-platform (e.g. phone, email, Web, Chat, Social Media) support services that will result in a general and public perception of the Internet Archive as a caring, responsive organization that is passionate about providing patrons with the highest quality of information and service.
- Manage the creation, and evolution, of comprehensive documentation as well as text and video-based Patron facing support resources.
- Identify and recommend ways to improve team performance through automation, tooling, rule, process, or policy changes.
- Maintain strong domain knowledge of trust & safety, abuse, and risk, including new techniques and technologies available to fight abuse.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to develop and implement policies and best practices related to content moderation, global compliance, patron feedback and expectations.
- Provide Senior management, and others throughout the organization, with the insights and ideas necessary to provide the highest quality service with special attention to compliance requirements.
- Embrace the Internet Archive’s mission and values.
- Infinitely curious, contagiously optimistic and of high integrity.
- Known for being an excellent team leader.
- Comfortable with line interfaces, scripting and query languages and have a high level of overall technical proficiency (preferability have coding experience).
- Expert level experience with an enterprise CRM platform like Zendesk or Salesforce.
- Creative thinker, constantly searching for better tools, methods and processes to surpass Patron expectations.
- Team Player who is committed to team success by mentoring each team member to achieve their highest personal potential.
- Comfortable addressing sensitive, complex and nuanced problems.
- Consistent judgment, decision making and communications skills when dealing with sensitive subjects.
- Widely read on current events, pop culture, social media, and tech news.
- University/College degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Trust & Safety operations, preferably at an internet or technology company
- 5+ years in people management roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills
Please note: You may need to support a non-traditional schedule, at times, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.