This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 26, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- Experience in online content issues and regulation, including in the US States.
- Experience in executing cross-functional projects.
- Experience working with international teams and a variety of stakeholders, and in executing strategies to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement. Ability to lead and evaluate issues independently.
- Excellent political, problem-solving, and communication skills with high attention to detail.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.