Website tripadvisor Tripadvisor
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 16, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About Data Science at Tripadvisor
Tripadvisor is the web’s leading travel information site. At Tripadvisor, the Data Science Team creates systems that influence the travel decisions of millions of people per day. It applies cutting edge machine learning techniques to a wide variety of areas such as recommenders, vision, and text processing – especially with a focus on natural language processing (NLP). To ensure continued success, Tripadvisor promotes a culture of personal development, including social activities, journal clubs, memberships in online learning resources, and participation in industry conferences. Have a great time while shaping the future of travel!
About the Role
The Tripadvisor Data Science Team is looking for an exceptional individual to help design and build next generation systems that models the fairness, reliability and validity of Tripadvisor audiences and content. Such a model will allow significant improvements in our ability to offer to travelers the broadest, most relevant travel products. This individual will also have the opportunity to work on other projects on the team, including those related to text and image processing.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in the design of machine learning models to solve a variety of core business
- Automate ETL pipelines
- Prototype, evaluate, deploy and maintain new models in production
- Design AB tests and analyze their results
- Communicate progress and experimental results to technical and business stakeholders
- Participate in the planning of future projects.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related field.
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics.
- Solid foundation on data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries. Experience with Snowflake is a bonus.
- Proficiency in Python, R or a similar numerical/statistical programming language.
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hive and Spark.
- At least 2 years of relevant, practical experience.
- [Bonus] Experience with deep learning, modern NLP & machine vision techniques.
- [Bonus] Experience with online businesses.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.