This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 25, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences. If you are self-motivated, hard-working, passionate about challenges, and looking to make a positive change in people’s lives, we need you! Apple is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to join the Trust & Safety organization with a mission to protect Apple’s services, customers, and developers from fraud and abuse. In this role, you will help ensure the content on Apple stores are safe and the discovery of content is free of manipulations. To achieve this goal, we use a combination of threat modeling, data analysis, and machine learning.
We are looking for candidates in all locations with existing Apple offices.
Preferred locations are: – Austin, Texas, United States – Seattle, Washington, United States – Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- 2+ years of professional experience in designing, analyzing and deploying Machine Learning and data pipelines
- Proven track record of writing good quality, well-documented, well-tested, and scalable code. Python or Scala preferred.
- Solid understanding of data transformations and analytics functions using tools and languages like Spark, SQL, Pandas, etc.
- Knowledge of common families of models, feature engineering, and feature selection. Able to choose the right technique to solve the given problem within constraints while having a clear vision of the next iterations.
- Good understanding of ML project lifecycle and associated challenges at each stage of development. Able to scope and plan projects with realistic estimation of timelines.
- Ability to partner with the data engineering and business teams to run workflows, design requirements, and establish project roadmaps.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and product/business partners.
Our mission is to ensure trust and safety of the digital content on Apple Services. A successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Cultivate compassion towards Apple customers and the team. Be vigilant for good customer experience. Seek opportunities to help and improve the team.
- Bring structure and predictability to intrinsically uncertain problems through thorough project scoping and meticulous planning.
- Build Machine Learning pipelines that are resilient and transparent. Build tools to monitor performance and quality of data pipelines and models in production.
- Scale the operations of the Trust & Safety team by seeking automation opportunities and implementing re-usable tools and libraries.
- Follow best practices in software development and share widely your experience via code peer reviews and participation in architecture design reviews.
- Be ready to get your hands dirty and do deep dive data exploration to identify fraud exploitation loopholes. Investigate fraud attacks and suggest remediation actions.
Education & Experience
- BS in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or related field.
- Masters in a related field preferred.