This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 13, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
The Operational Excellence and Strategy team is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and rigor across run and enablement initiatives. Within Operations Excellence and Strategy, the case management pillar leads end to end stakeholder and case management for top escalation and oversees account based escalations for priority escalations. The team’s mission is to build relationships with internal teams and relevant external entities to generate leads, share escalation trends and intelligence to establish a venue for PIO operational excellence.
Lead, Global Case Management
You will be responsible for managing a team of Case Managers who handle urgent and complicated escalations, proactively engaging with internal users, and leaders and consulting with other partner-facing teams as a de-escalation expert. You will manage, support and unblock the processing of incident escalations through to resolution, demonstrating full ownership, and attention to detail that your team will manage, while working through ambiguous and fast-paced situations. You will ensure that all incidents and escalations are tracked, prioritized, triaged, owned, investigated, resolved, and communicated accurately.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Hire and develop great team members, including leaders and foster team cohesion for strong team engagement to support the overall goals of escalations.
- Hold team members accountable to expectations and performance manage direct reports.
- Build on Integrity Operations Priorities to adapt for your function by owning operational improvements, planning and strategy to work towards Operational Excellence for your Case Management team.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders and leaders including internal legal & policy teams and/or government agencies to resolve internal issues caused by complex SOS escalations.
- Maintain Subject Matter Expertise, develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding for all of Trust Specialization to successfully complete escalations.
- Demonstrate Airbnb’s core values and belonging behaviors while coaching a group of diverse talent.
- Make decisions that impact the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality, volume and timeliness objectives.
- You will contribute to cultural activities on a recurring basis.
- You’ll provide ongoing direction for work in an effective manner and handle complex interpersonal issues.
- 7+ years of experience within investigations, insights, escalations risk management, fraud prevention, and/or Trust and Safety
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally
- Experience with or understanding of complex, cross-functional, and product-driven organizations
- Past experience in program management, project management, and escalation programs
- Experience in compiling comprehensive and detailed reports, investigations, and presentations.
- Has a working knowledge of principles and methods within escalations and case management.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, analytical, able to organize and work independently with rapidly changing priorities.
- A deep technical and or business process knowledge to achieve team goals.
- An understanding of how team objectives integrate with area objectives to deliver programs, services and results.
- Proven ability to work independently and deal with a high level of ambiguity
- Availability for a regular schedule of 5 days work per week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, which may include weekend days, public holidays and/or oncall. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours.